Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Balsamic Glazed Grilled Pork Chops and Onions


This recipe comes as a variation of this Rachael Ray recipe But I wanted to be able to make it on the grill in the summer. So I changed it up a bit. And its super yummy now. Oh and I have used many different types of onions with this. Red, Yellow, White, Vidalia, Texas Honey White. All come amazingly good and tasty. But for this photo, I used regular old yellow onions. The ones I always have on hand.

Marinade
¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
½ cup of Olive Oil
2 tbs of honey
4 cloves of garlic - I crush it in my garlic press
½ tsp of rosemary – chopped finely
½ tsp of thyme – chopped finely
½ tsp of parsley – chopped finely
Salt and pepper to taste

Wisk ingredients together to incorporate.

4 boneless thin cut pork chops
1 medium onion – sliced into rings

Split the marinade so that ½ of the marinade on the pork chops, ¼ of the marinade on onions and reserve ¼ of the marinade for basting.

On a heated grill, place the pork chops and cook the first side for about 7-8 minutes and the second side for about 5-6 minutes. Basting frequently while cooking.

Then add the marinade onions and cook until onions turn soft and brown.

Serve with rice or couscous.

Serves 3-4

No comments: