Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pasta with turkey sausage and peppers




Let me say, this is not a complex or unique recipe. BUT it is a tasty one. I admit it, my last trip to one of those wholesale grocery stores. You know the type of place you can buy 250 pounds of tabasco sauce.. But they had this oversized package of turkey sausage. So on impulse I bought it and boy am I glad. I split them up and froze them and my husband is a happy happy man.

So here it is.




4 links of turkey sausage
1 1/2 cup of chopped mixed bell peppers
1/2 medium onion - chopped small
2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
10 grape tomatoes - halved
1/4 cup of chicken stock
1/2 tbsp of parsley
1/2 pound of pasta
2 tbsps of Olive Oil
salt and pepper

Cook pasta per directions on box.




In a saute pan, add Olive Oil and heat. Add the sausage and saute for about 6 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and peppers. Salt and pepper the vegetable. Then add the tomatoes and parsley. Let cook for about 3 minutes. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Remove sausage and cut into small slices. The sausage may not be cooked fully. Add the sausage back into the pan and cook for 8 -10 minutes.

Serve over pasta.

Makes 4 servings.

No comments: