Monday, June 23, 2008

Cilantro lime Pork Chops




Pork chops. I was brought up eating the dry, tough and tasteless variety so popular in my youth. My husband remembers smothering them with duck sauce in order to be able to eat them.

But put that picture out of your head. These are flavorful, juicy and plain old wonderful.

My inspiration for the pork chops came from a recipe I found online here. But I didn't like how the pork chop did not have a marinade.

Cilantro lime marinade and sauce.

fresh lime juice - 1 lime
2 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
salt and pepper
3 (1/2-inch-thick) boneless pork chops

In a food processor, place garlic cloves and red pepper flakes. Mix for about 1 minute. Add cilantro, lime juice and olive oil. Blend until becomes a thick sauce. Salt to taste.

Add half the marinade over the pork chops and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Grill for about 5-7 minutes on each side. Serve with rest of marinade drizzled over pork chops.

No comments: