Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Corn w/ bell peppers





The corn I can not claim as my own. Well not really. The cafeteria at my place of work served a dish like this. I tasted and tried to replicate. I have no idea if this is the way they made it, but it sure tastes similar.




2 cups of frozen sweet corn
1/2 cup of bell peppers - chopped small
2 tbs of margarine
1/8 tsp of Adobo
1/2 tsp of chili powder
salt and pepper to taste

In a sauce pan, bring corn to a boil w/ water and 1 tbsp of margarine. Allow corn to simmer for about 7 or 8 minutes. Drain corn and add back to sauce pan. Place the pan over medium heat for about 1 minute to remove excess water from corn and pan. Add 1 tbsp of margarine and allow to melt. Add peppers, Adobo and chili powder. Stir throughly and allow flavors to meld. About 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: